Open to all levels. Meditation instruction available. 10$ Suggested Donation.
PLEASE NOTE: No meetings on major holidays or in seriously inclement weather. Sign up to our newsletter here to stay updated!
SUNDAY MEDITATION GROUP
Location: Eileen Fisher Headquarters, 2 Bridge Street, Irvington, NY 10533.
View map & directions below.
WBC offers either an extended Open Meditation and Learn to Meditate program or a Dharma Talk and Discussion program on alternate Sundays.
Sunday mornings alternate each week between Dharma Gatherings (DG), Open Meditation (OM) and Learn to Meditate (LTM).
Dharma Gatherings (DG) begin with 30 minutes of sitting practice, followed by a dharma talk and discussion. A brief introduction to the meditation technique is provided for those that want it in a separate room upstairs at 10 am.
Open Meditation (OM) consists of 2 full hours of practice, with alternating periods of sitting and walking meditation, and a brief reading.
Learn to Meditate (LTM) meetings offer a very detailed (1-1.5 hour) presentation on the practice for those who are new to it, or for those who would like a refresher. This instruction is offered at the same time as Open Meditation, but in a separate room, upstairs. At the end of this instruction, the group will join the Open Meditation gathering for the remainder of the morning.
All programs conclude with refreshments and conversation. Meditation cushions are provided.
TUESDAY MEDITATION GROUP
7 - 9 PM
Aligned Center, 1 Bridge Street, Suite 64, Irvington, NY. View map & directions below.
WBC offers Open Meditation and Meditation instruction every week followed by either a Book Discussion Group or Dharma Gathering.. Drop ins welcome!
Every gathering will start with a group sitting meditation. A short beginning meditation instruction is available to anyone new or interested in that.
This is a mixed format group sitting. Sometimes we will have...
- Open sitting followed by either a reading or a talk and then discussion
- Formal courses where registration and regular participation is expected
- Guest speakers and show Dharma movies
WEDNESDAY MEDITATION GROUP
7 - 9 PM
The Center for Health and Healing, 4 Smith Ave, Mount Kisco, New York 10549
View map & directions below.
WBC offers Open Meditation and Meditation instruction every week followed by the Foundation Course Talk and Discussion. Drop ins welcome!
Westchester Buddhist Center (WBC) is excited to be joining with the Mt. Kisco Center for Health & Healing (CFHH) for a weekly sitting group! Sessions will include meditation instruction for those new to the practice, group meditation practice, followed by the current Foundation Course class meeting, (also offered in Irvington). Classes are open to all on a drop-in basis.
Sessions will be lead by Derek Kolleeny, and other meditation instructors.
ADDRESS & DIRECTIONS
Eileen Fisher Headquarters
2 Bridge Street, Irvington, NY 10533
As you face the river, the entrance is on your left, on the northwest corner of the building.
1. From Route 9, turn onto Main Street, Irvington. Continue down hill (west) towards the train station.
2. Turn right on N. Ashton
3. Turn left on Bridge Street, continue on to River Street
4. Eileen Fisher’s space occupies the 2nd brick building. Turn right into Second Parking Lot
5. Enter Eileen Fisher – Door facing River
For those who walk from the Irvington train station. As you face the river, it is the second large building on your left. You enter from the river side, with your back to the river as you go through the door.
1 Bridge Street, Suite 64, Irvington, NY
- Aligned Center is situated right above the Red Hat restaurant, next to WBC's usual Irvington location at the Eileen Fisher Headquarters
- Park in the large lot in front of MP Taverna and walk into courtyard to the right of the Eileen Fisher Lab
- Go straight ahead to the "Foundry" entrance
- The office is on the second floor right at the top of the stairs
Learn more about Aligned Center here.
The Center for Health and Healing
4 Smith Avenue, Mount Kisco, NY, 10549. View Map.
- 2nd floor
- at the intersection of East Main Street
- Parking available on Smith Ave., and a few spaces beneath the building.
Learn more about The Center for Health and Healing here.
Stay informed about changes to the schedule!
Please sign up for our Weekly Newsletter here!