FIRST ANNUAL WBC MIDSUMMERS DAY PICNIC!
Sunday, July 30, 2017 from 12:30-4 pm
Matthiessen Park, Irvington, 1 Bridge St, Irvington, NY 10533
Rain/Alternate Location: Irvington Boat Club, Bridge St, Irvington, NY 10533
Join us for WBC first Midsummer’s Day celebration!
The tradition of celebrating the Midsummers Day was introduced by Choygam Trungpa Rinpoche in the early years of his building a community of students and friends back in the 1970's. We celebrated many occasions and ceremonies. Some of these came from his Buddhist heritage, others from his Tibetan cultural heritage and still others he just created for us. He especially encouraged the community to develop a connection with the seasons and the natural changes in our surroundings. Midsummer’s Day was probably the biggest, funniest, and most elegant day of the year. It was all celebration, pomp and circumstance: children, games, ceremonies, sun, food, community.
Join us for a day in the park to and celebrate the wakefulness of community and summertime. We'll have a potluck picnic and general merriment. Bring a dish to share –as well family, friends, musical instruments and outdoor games to play! Please RSVP in the form to the right and let us know if you will bring anything so we can try to coordinate and provide enough supplies.
- Time: 12:30 to 4 pm
- Followed by informal reception at the Irvington Boat Club right next to the park, from 4-6 PM. Both are walking distance from EFHQ.
- Location: Matthiessen Park, Irvington, 1 Bridge St, Irvington, NY 10533
- Rain: Irvington Boat Club, Bridge St, Irvington, NY 10533
Use the name "Laura Read" to gain entry to the park
- Folks can Park in the large lot near restaurant or EF lot and we can shuttle folks over with stuff
- We will supply ice, cleaning supplies, paper goods.
- The Boat club is available for Cooking, Refrigerator, Washing.
- And there will be a festive reception there at the boat club after the picnic starting at 4 pm.
- We need Volunteers for set up and clean up at both places
- No pets or alcohol are allowed in the park, but are allowed at the boat club after from 4-6 pm.