ONE DAY MEDITATION WORKSHOP
An introduction for beginners or a deepening opportunity for existing practitioners.
Join us for this special one-day program, designed for beginners and experienced meditators alike.
Buddhist Meditation is a 2,600-year-old tradition, a profound and living tradition handed down over the centuries from one practitioner to the next.
The primary purposes of meditation:
- To see the world “as it really is,” beyond the veils of preconception and value-laden judgment, and
- To move through the world with greater empathy and love.
Additionally, meditation has wonderful fringe benefits:
- Mental and physical calm,
- Reduction of mental suffering,
- Increased clarity and happiness, and
- Greater intelligence and more effective functioning.
We will practice and discuss:
- sitting and walking meditation practice,
- meditation in action in our lives,
- mindfulness practice, and
- the development of greater sanity, wisdom, and compassion, altogether.
Directions: The Aligned Center is directly above the Red Hat Restaurant, but to get there, park in the large lot in front of MP Taverna and walk into courtyard to the right of the Eileen Fisher Lab. Go straight ahead to the "Foundry" entrance. The office is on the second floor right at the top of the stairs. See also map here.
* We are committed to making our programs affordable to all. Those with limited income please offer what you can afford in our donation page here and include a note for the program you are offering towards.
Date & Time
Saturday, May 6, 2017
10:30 am until 4:30 pm
$30 Suggested donation*
The Aligned Center, 1 Bridge Street, Suite 64, Irvington, NY 10533