ONE-DAY MEDITATION WORKSHOP IN IRVINGTON
HOW TO MEDITATE
Learn to Meditate or Deepen your Practice
The Path of Meditation of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche
All day Saturday, May 19, 10am - 5pm
The Aligned Center, Irvington, NY
Meditation is a process of working through our self-deception
– Chögyam Trungpa
Suggested donation $30 *
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Join us for this special one-day program designed for both beginners and experienced meditators. The meditation technique taught by Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche is uniquely different from other forms of meditation and in many ways contrary to the usual notions about meditation. In this workshop we will explore the nuances of his unique version of the two stages of traditional Buddhist meditation:
• Shamatha—diffusing mental and emotional energy through the development of mindfulness (focused attention), awareness (open monitoring), and presence (embodied nowness). Leads to a stable, strong and resilient state of being.
• Vipashyana—insight which transforms mental and emotional patterns of fixation through the process of exploring one’s conceptual framework, understanding its source, and transforming attachment to by relaxing self-imposed limitations. Leads to a relaxed, intuitive and compassionate state of being.
The workshop will include talks, practice sessions, and guided meditations on loving kindness, equanimity and emptiness. Led by one of WBC’s four senior teachers, Derek Kolleeny.
A ONE-DAY MEDITATION WORKSHOP
SATURDAY, MAY 19, 2018
10:00 AM UNTIL 5:00 PM
(Lunch break from 1-2 pm)
Led by WBC senior teacher Derek Kolleeny.
THE ALIGNED CENTER
1 BRIDGE STREET, SUITE 64
IRVINGTON, NY 10533. See below or click here to view directions.
Directions to The Aligned Center
1 Bridge Street, Suite 64, Irvington, 10533 NY
- Aligned Center is situated right above the Red Hat restaurant, next to WBC's usual Irvington location at the Eileen Fisher Headquarters
- Park in the large lot in front of MP Taverna and walk into courtyard to the right of the Eileen Fisher Lab
- Go straight ahead to the "Foundry" entrance
- The office is on the second floor right at the top of the stairs
*WBC maintains a policy of making our programs affordable to all. Those with limited income please offer what you can afford on this page.