WBC REFUGE VOW APPLICATION
The Refuge vow marks an individual’s decision to deepen their study of Dharma and practice of meditation by actually becoming a Buddhist. This is an outward expression of a commitment one has already come to feel to the Buddhist approach to wakefulness and openness. In this ceremony one takes refuge in the Buddha as an example, in the Dharma as the path of teachings, and in the Sangha as guide and companion.
Who May Take Refuge?
- Persons who have made a personal commitment to the Buddhist path.
- Persons who have undertaken sufficient study on the Buddhist path so as to understand the meaning of taking refuge.
- Persons with an established meditation practice.
- Completion of an application form, below.
- Meet with your Meditation Instructor and gain their approval and obtain a letter of recommendation. This letter should be sent to email@example.com. If you have not yet established a relationship with a MI, now is the time to do so.
- Register online, (via a link that will subsquently be provided). There is a $50 fee for the ceremony and materials received at it.
- Attend the vow preparatory workshop: Sunday October 29th, 2:30 to 4:30 pm, Eileen Fisher Headquarters, our Sunday location.
STEP 1. Fill out Application