Sunday Meditation Group
WHEN & WHERE
Sundays (10 - 12 PM)
Location: (EF) Eileen Fisher Headquarters, 2 Bridge Street, Irvington, NY 10533 (GPS will not work!)
Directions: Northwest corner, entrance is adjacent to the river. See below to view map and directions.
By donation. Open to all.
SUNDAYS IN FEBURARY:
Sunday, Feb. 18th: CLOSED Due to WBC Retreat
Sunday, Feb. 25th: LOSAR CELEBRATION!
Please join us to celebrat the Lunar New Year! Friends and family are warmly invited! Events from 10am until 5pm. More information here.
ABOUT THE MORNING MEETINGS
Sunday mornings alternate each week between Dharma Gatherings (DG), Open Meditation (OM) and Learn to Meditate (LTM).
Dharma Gatherings (DG) begin with 30 minutes of sitting practice, followed by a dharma talk and discussion. A brief introduction to the meditation technique is provided for those that want it in a separate room upstairs at 10 am.
Open Meditation (OM) consists of 2 full hours of practice, with alternating periods of sitting and walking meditation, and a brief reading.
Learn to Meditate (LTM) meetings offer a very detailed (1-1.5 hour) presentation on the practice for those who are new to it, or for those who would like a refresher. This instruction is offered at the same time as Open Meditation, but in a separate room, upstairs. At the end of this instruction, the group will join the Open Meditation gathering for the remainder of the morning.
All programs conclude with conversation and refreshments. Meditation cushions are provided.
Please see our SCHEDULE menu for weekly details.
Sundays 12:30 - 2:30 pm
FOUNDATION COURSE – Walking in the Footsteps of the Buddha
(Open to all) Learn more >
The Nyingma Lineage
Begins Sunday, January 21
* The prerequisites for participating in this course are that one must have participated in prior WBC Vajrayana Series courses, or completed the equivalent of the WBC Foundation Curriculum. If you have not previously attended the series, and would like to obtain approval of the facilitators, please write to them and supply information about your practice and study background and desire to participate. Contact Derek at firstname.lastname@example.org
Eileen Fisher Headquarters, 2 Bridge Street, Irvington, NY 10533
MAP & DIRECTIONS: Eileen Fisher Headquarters, 2 Bridge Street, Irvington, NY 10533
As you face the river, the entrance is on your left, on the northwest corner of the building.
1. From Route 9, turn onto Main Street, Irvington. Continue down hill (west) towards the train station.
2. Turn right on N. Ashton
3. Turn left on Bridge Street, continue on to River Street
4. Eileen Fisher’s space occupies the 2nd brick building. Turn right into Second Parking Lot
5. Enter Eileen Fisher – Door facing River
For those who walk from the Irvington train station. As you face the river, it is the second large building on your left. You enter from the river side, with your back to the river as you go through the door.
View weekly schedule for all Meditation Groups >
PLEASE NOTE: No meetings on major holidays or in seriously inclement weather. Sign up to our newsletter here to stay updated!